We can't predict what the future holds, but we know Texas Instruments will have a part in shaping it..
About the job:
Texas Instruments, a BASC Registered Flight Department with a 55 year history, is looking to hire a Bombardier Global 6000 Aircraft Maintenance Technician. The successful candidate for this position will be someone of high character and will meet the highest ethical standards. This role requires high attention to detail, strong leadership skills, the ability to collaborate and work in a team environment, excellent communication skills, and someone willing to fit within the TI culture.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Troubleshooting of aircraft system discrepancies
- Performing preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance on company aircraft and associated aircraft appliances in accordance with established schedules and as directed
- Planning, and coordinating aircraft scheduled and unscheduled maintenance
- Providing on-call aircraft and fight crew support, on rotating basis
- Providing local aircraft departure and arrival support – preflight checks, postflight checks, ramp positioning, as well as oversee line service and fueling processes
- Testing, adjustments, and repairs on aircraft and subsystems using various test equipment, technical diagrams, maintenance manuals, and tooling
- Researching and investigating all possible solutions to engine, airframe, and associated appliance malfunctions
- Replacement of parts such as LRUs, avionics, hydraulic, fuel, and other aircraft system components
- Exercising sound judgment and experience to accomplish a variety of complicated tasks
- Producing quality and detailed workmanship
- Providing back-up inspections for team members
- Compose and sign off aircraft logbook entries and records
- Tracking time and/or service-limited parts aircraft appliances
- Sourcing aircraft parts as well as consumables while assessing cost and budget impact
- Assisting in maintaining all ground support equipment
- Assisting with hangar maintenance and housekeeping
- Assisting with maintaining aircraft cleanliness
- Administer and support internal training (MEL training, OJT, etc.)
- High School Diploma or GED
- FAA issued Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
- 5+ years experience
- Strong aircraft systems troubleshooting skills
- Excellent attention to detail and quality of work
- Strong understanding of aviation safety concepts
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Meet all physical requirements of working on large aircraft
- Must be able to occasionally travel both domestic and internationally
- Strong Avionics background – troubleshooting, repair, and installations
- Experience working on Bombardier Global Series aircraft
- Experience with CAMP or other aircraft maintenance tracking programs
- Trade school, college, or military experience
- FAA certificated Inspection Authorization
- Engineer your future. We empower our employees to truly own their career and development. Come collaborate with some of the smartest people in the world to shape the future of electronics.
- We’re different by design. Diverse backgrounds and perspectives are what push innovation forward and what make TI stronger. We value each and every voice, and look forward to hearing yours. Meet the people of TI
- Benefits that benefit you. We offer competitive pay and benefits designed to help you and your family live your best life. Your well-being is important to us.
About Texas Instruments
As a global semiconductor company, we design, manufacture, test and sell analog and embedded processing chips to nearly 100,000 customers. Our products enable electronics everywhere and in things you experience every day – from health care, smart homes and connected cars to drones, smart phones and more. Our passion to create a better and more sustainable world by making electronics more affordable through semiconductors drives us to make our technology smaller, more efficient, more reliable and more affordable.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.