Come be a part of something big! Smart Minds, Cool Jobs and Awesome Rewards! Fueled by innovation, talent and ambition, the Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is seeking civilian professionals prepared to deploy war-winning capabilities on behalf of the United States Air Force.
The Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is looking for a Supervisory Training Administrator (GS-1712-11) to join the team at the 47th Maintenance Directorate, Laughlin AFB, in Del Rio, Texas! In this role you would plan, organize, direct, and provide overall managerial supervision of the training program for the Maintenance Directorate at Laughlin.
This is full-time federal position that offers a rewarding and exciting career with exceptional pay and benefits! This position is being filled using direct hiring authorities and can close at any time. Apply Now!
Salary Range: $69,107 – 89,835
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of 47th Maintenance Division Training Section (MXOT), ensuring that maintenance training complies with legal and regulatory requirements and meets customer needs.
- Researches, interprets, analyzes, applies, and provides initial, recurring, and advanced proficiency, qualification, or certification training needed by a technician to perform required duties.
- Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities. Advises and provides counsel or instruction to employees regarding administrative matters, work, policies, procedures, and directives of management.
- Provides appropriate guidance for the management of the automated training sub-system, Training Business Area (TBA) to include maintenance of training records used to plan, schedule, document, and track training completions.
- Provides policy for the effective management and operation of the Training Section to include: The acquisition of required training materials and the operation of the learning center equipment; verification of training completions and update of the automated system; development of written evaluations to measure student’s attainment of required knowledge and skills; and the administration of qualification tests, controlling written testing material to prevent compromise, grading completed tests, and effective test analysis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
- Knowledge of a wide range of fundamental aircraft maintenance and maintenance qualification requirements.
- Knowledge of the development and management of aircraft maintenance training programs to include processes, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of aircraft maintenance specialty structure and task qualification requirements. Familiarity with interactive courseware and audio/visual program delivery software and computer student stations.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and staff of a small to medium sized organization.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- This position has been designated by the Air Force as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force Civilian Drug Demand Reduction Program. Employee must pass initial and periodic short notice drug testing.
- At least 2 years of previous supervisory experience is highly desirable.
- At least 3 years of previous training management experience is highly desirable.
- Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on commercial aircraft.
- On very rare occasions, the employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include weekends and/or holidays.
Air Force Civilian Service Benefits
- 11 Federal Holidays
- 13 Sick Leave days
- Based upon length of employment… Starts at 13 days and earn up to 26 days.
- No Waiting Period to qualify for health insurance for you and your family.
- Immediate coverage by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS), part of a three tiered systems which contains a Basic Benefits Plan, Social Security, and Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), similar to a 401(K).
To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the federal government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for federal employees. Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to E.O. 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine. More information on COVID-19 requirements may be found at: https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/. (Last Updated: 24 Jan 2022).
Click the apply button to complete an application and upload resume (PDF or Word Doc) and/or additional documents (Transcripts, certifications, Vet Docs (DD214), SF-50).
To receive additional information about current and future job openings with AFCS via email notification, please register at www.Afciviliancareers.com and sign up to “Get Career Updates.”
Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. citizenship required. Must be of legal working age.