YOU TACKLE FOR QUALITY AND GREAT SERVICE. THIS WILL IMPROVE THE LIFE OF OUR CUSTOMERS.
Would you like to become part of the world's most international company in the world?
A company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 and is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. Do you want to be part of a company that connects people worldwide? And the more people we connect, the better life will be on our planet.
Do you want to make a difference? Then come to our DHL Air Team and become a Flight Dispatcher!
DHL Air Austria GmbH (DHA) is a new cargo airline founded in 2021, a subsidiary of Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group. The prime focus of the airline is to support the EU network with a fleet of Boeing 757 aircraft. The airline will have its headquarters in Vienna, and maintain a crew base in Leipzig delivering our customer promise of Excellence. Simply Delivered
You have the overall responsibility for providing flight plans for aircrafts and flight crews, assisting (external) flight crews with flight briefings, monitoring the weather conditions and airspace restrictions in all NOTAMs and pertinent airports.
You report to the Manager Flight Operations Control/Crewing.
- You monitor and analyze weather, NOTAMs, technical information, network schedule and Air Traffic Control (ATC) data to ensure safe operations and compliance with Airline specific SOP's
- You provide flight planning for all aircraft & flight crew
- You re-plan and negotiate in the interest of the network schedule to be performed with the objective to achieve best on-time performance
- You submit flight plans to Air Traffic Control (ATC), assure flight plan acceptance and monitor reception of ATC Slots
- You determine fuel load to be carried and place fuel order
- You compile and analyze data related to the dispatch function, and prepare reports as required
- You coordinate ad-hoc over flight and landing authorizations, ad-hoc airport slots and ancillary services when operationally required (handling svc, catering)
- You build and maintain a good relationship with DHL Network control centers (EUNCC, INCC,…)
- You participate in cross-departmental projects
- You have a completed degree program or many years of relevant professional work experience (preferable with aviation background)
- You have a dispatcher license (LBA, FAA or equivalent) with a background in commercial flight operations
- You have good knowledge of navigation, meteorology, flight planning, air traffic control, aviation regulations and commercial aviation
- LIDO system knowledge is seen as a plus
- You have excellent knowledge of German and English language
- You are able to work in a 24/7 shift pattern
- You have the ability to work under pressure and within a team, competent in analysis and decision-making
- You have excellent prioritization and coordination skills in a fast-paced environment
- You have a problem-solving capability
Strong career support in an international environment
Great culture and colleagues
Multifarious benefit program
We remunerate your performance with a minimum salary of 2.300 Euro gross per month (any allowances are compensated on top). We offer an overpayment in accordance with your previous work experience and qualifications.
Do you see a personal challenge in these versatile and responsible tasks? Then apply now!